Sunday, November 4, 2007

when did being a liberal become a non-patriot?

I've been visiting a few websites that have 'conversations' going. Amazingly, the right wing extremists have decided that liberals and leftists are traitors and should be silenced. It's become amusing. When I agree with the posting of a rightie, no comment is made. However, should I ask a question about the belief or offer an alternative view from the left, I get snarky comments about me and my posts. I have asked several times if liberals are not welcome on the site and get quick responses indicating 'of course they are', but the tone taken by the righties (stingies) indicates otherwise. On one site, I tried a different group, only to find all the same 'Bush is God' folks posting there. What is up with that?

I am very afraid for our country. We are heading towards a dictatorship led by a group that hates anything that has to do with caring about others, freedom of speech, habeas corpus et alia. I am afraid one of the Republican candidates will actually win the presidency next year based on some trick, an October surprise, if you will. It will come as a surprise to some of those righties when they realize their own rights have been lost as well.

My personal favorite for President is Bill Richardson. He is so experienced (unlike the present occupant as Garrison Keillor calls him) in all levels of government and diplomacy. I can't understand why the press totally ignores him. If he had a chance in the debates to actually answer some questions, he would shine head and shoulders above the rest. Speaking of which, what is up with Tim Russert? He's not a moderator. He's an antagonist to some and a supporter of others. That is not his job, at least it should not be.

This is one scary time for people who believe in humanity as opposed to greed. The rampant racism, bigotry and hate of the right wing is unbelievable. And if you point it out, they turn on you. Sick and scary. It's a good thing no one reads this. I'd be inundated by hate email from those fascio-evangelists.

No comments: